Backwardness Eradication Society (BES)-Nepal was established in 1992 by local youths of Bakamalang VDC with the spirit of social service of Bakamalang VDC as well as throughout the district to Nation. BES-Nepal is a non-profit, non-governmental, politically and religiously neutral social development organization, operating in west region. BES- Nepal has been working with the joint collaboration of regional and national organizations on the issues of child right, education, Lively hood, nutrition, agriculture and the sector of WASH especially to ensure improve the health, sanitation, education, status of the Nepalese children as well as 1000 days mothers, disadvantage and marginalized people.
BES- Nepal has affiliated with SWC and as a member organization in Consortium, NGO federation Nepal, CBR national network, Nepal HIV & AIDS alliance, Civil Society Alliance for Child Right in South Asia, Federation of national network for safe motherhood & local level various networks. It is representing as the member organization in District Child Welfare Board (DCWB) (palpa), District Early childhood Development committee (Palpa). In Nawalparasi, BES- Nepal is a member organization of District Nutrition and Food Security Coordination Committee (DNFSCC), School as a Zone of Peace District Coordination Committee.
BES-Nepal is a Pioneer NGO specializes in Children (Education, Protection, Nutrition & hygiene). It is a Member based organization & implement multi-program in Partnership with different INGOs, Bilateral funding agencies, local NGOs, CBOs & other sector. Now it has been operating in Palpa and Nawalparasi. BES- Nepal has its own office building in two places of Palpa District; one at Bakamalang as Head Office and another at Rampur Municipality operating as Branch office. It has district office in Tansen (Palpa) and Ramgram Municipality (Nawalparasi).103 members & 70 over staffs are involved currently in different projects.
- Create an equitable, civilized, and self-depended society.
- To support for social life of children, youth, women, details, old age people and persons with disabilities and marginalized group having self-dignity.
- Support for making education essential, qualitative and life skills oriented.
- Make understanding responsibility by promoting the rights of children, youth, and women, persons with disabilities, old-aged people and marginalized community.
- Conduct the awareness programs on people’s issues.
- Support target group for self-dependency by organizing and empowering them.
- Promote peace by establishing equality and social harmony.
- Institutional development through finding sustainable resources developing well governance and leadership.
- Increase the access of target children to basic and quality education.
- Promote target group towards self-dependency through programs related to local resources, means and skills.
- Organize discourse, advocacy to form the organization, empower and establish the rights of target group.
- Improve the hygienic & nutrition status of target group.
- Humanitarian support to victim areas in emergency.
- Support for establishing and increasing social harmony in the society.
- Empower target group for the access on available services and facilities.
- Minimize disaster and risk through awareness and rehabilitation.
- Exercise on leadership development, inclusiveness, well governance and transparency in the society and in organization.
- Conduct different programs in education, health, water and sanitation, disaster management, agriculture and environmental conservation.
Main areas of specialization :
- Child right
- Health and Nutrition
- Early childhood development
Children, women, handicapped, from Deprived, Poor and Socially Excluded Communities